Monday, May 7, 2012

What is the best approach to subtly putting the red back into hair that has been dyed ash brown?

I'm quite new to hair colouring, so please excuse my ignorance! My hairdresser recently dyed my hair (level 6/bit of 7) with a pure ash, to cover up quite a bit of red that had emerged after a series of colourings. The goal was to bring me closer to my natural colour (dull brown with a hint of red), with an end goal of going a bit lighter in summer. Unfortunately the ash is absolutely awful on me. My skin is a very pale olive/sallow colour so I look sickly and terrible. The colour has aged me, particularly given that the current depth of tone of my hair is darker than is natural. I wish now of course that I had left the red in my hair as I am currently seeing only a ghastly green-goldish halo that looks coppery in the light. I can't wear my hair down. Fortunately the colour was a semi-permanent so I know that it will fade, but as I am concerned that it will fade gold I am wondering what the best approach would be to quickly get my deep red-tinted brown (level 6) back? Thank you!



What is the best approach to subtly putting the red back into hair that has been dyed ash brown?

You can put another semi permanent color over it. Any warm brown should show you a hint of red.



What is the best approach to subtly putting the red back into hair that has been dyed ash brown?

Use a red but mostly your brown color and gradually add a little more red. Tell people it's because of the sun o=]



What is the best approach to subtly putting the red back into hair that has been dyed ash brown?

Go to a beauty supply store and get a brown level 6 and make sure there is red or orange in the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment